- I started to irrationally hate people that ordered coffee and cream because it takes a few seconds longer to prepare.
- I told the host not to seat me because I was taking refuge in the back of the restaurant eating soup
- There was no one in the restaurant except for a lonely old man at the bar drinking a Starbucks icee drink, and a table full of Asians, all watching the Superbowl commercials.
- I started to irrationally hate anyone that asked me for a refill on their Dr. Pepper.
- I tried to have heart-to-hearts with my customers.
- I was eating everything off the cook's line. Literally.
- I started to irrationally hate anyone that decided to eat there/even look in the restaurant to maybe ponder if they wanted to eat there.
Finally when I got to go home, it was the best feeling in the world to be off work.
I'm a waitress right now. I have a strong feeling that I'm in this place for a reason. The people that I have met I've formed deep relationships with - they need me and I most certainly need them. I'm humbled every single day by how hard they work just to make a comfortable living for themselves. I definitely haven't seen anything like this in Edmond - where friends always have their parents to back them up - they can get full time jobs with insurance because they're not international or have problems with their taxes - most of my friends in Edmond have never been married and have no kids- and it blows my mind that I haven't ever been exposed to people with experiences like that.
Either never been exposed to it, or have never been unselfish enough to ask about them.
The crazy thing is, is that's how life is. Everyone has a different story to tell. Is it our job to discover them? Is that's why we're here?
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment