Monday, February 28, 2011

Where are the last two days?

"What I love most about rivers is you can't step in the same river twice,
the water's always changing, always flowing,
but people I guess can't live like that, to be safe,
we lose our chance of ever knowing,
what's around the river bend..."

I looked at the calendar today - I'm not sure if I wasn't fully prepared for the shock of losing two days in February or what but I might have slightly freaked out about not having the 29th and 30th of this month. Where did those two days go?

Where did the last two months go?

This year has already been so interesting. Every day something incredible happens to me. There's always a new opportunity, a new friend, a new lesson to be learned. Has it always been like that? Or since I'm not sure what's in store for me on a large scale, I'm starting to notice the little things? This season of my life is one that I'm sure I'll never forget.

I'm curious to what God is trying to teach me this year. Balance isn't a quality that I have been naturally blessed with, I'm a very indulgent/workaholic/busy person and I've always been that way. It's hard for me to find the median in my work, my art, my health, my personal life, etc, etc. I'm struggling with balance in all aspects of my life. I guess that's something that I'll have to work on for the rest of my life- I better get used to it. I think I'll start with making my bed every day.

This Monday is one where I'm thinking about a lot - and I'm happy for a lot of reasons. I may not know what the future holds but I have enough faith in the world to realize that it's all good things.

Malory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...