Sunday, March 6, 2011

If You're Going To Play In Texas...

... You've gotta have a fiddle in the band.

This weekend I took time off to visit the town of College Station, TX, for a friend's birthday. I love that I have the type of life that I can take off work and just go explore someplace new - that's what I think the exciting part of life is. The purpose of this trip was to two-step, eat Tex-Mex, support Sarah in her Qudditch match and party for her birthday, and we definately accomplished all of those things! I'm so bad at taking pictures but I do have a few from inta.gram, (mostly because I'm obsessed with that app)
Cowboy Boots the entire time!


The most amazing meal I've ever eaten.
Stuffed chicken and cheese avocado.
If anyone knows me at all...
they know I'm obsessed with avocados.

Quidditch... A full contact sport played with brooms.


Bottlecap Alley.

When we went out, there was an alley way that was completely filled with bottle caps. I love things like that - and I'm not sure why but I think part of the reason is because it makes traveling so much more fun.

We basically took naps and watched TV and then went out at night - it was really relaxing but I'm super tired now. I feel like it's really good to sometimes go somewhere else for awhile and exist in another place. I'm so lucky to be able to experience different things and meet new friends while doing it. Sometimes I feel so drained from working 12-hour days but I just have to remember there's a reason why I have been doing it.

March has been kind of a crazy month so far. Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday, this weekend our University is hosting a Semi-Final Basketball tournament that I'm probably going to be helping out with as part of my UCO job - Next Tuesday I leave for my first (and last) Spring Break trip in Destin, FL which should be très intéressant, and there's lots of new things happening in my life that I'm excited about - but can't really talk about yet.

Soon!

Until next time,

Mal xoxo


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...