"Eyes shut tight as we venture to another place,
As we listened to the music play,
I can't remember what I had to say."
-Kara's Flowers, The Great Getaway
- I actually don't know how I'm functioning as well as I am when my room looks the way that it does. I still haven't unpacked from Texas and I've been working 12-hours days ever since I got back, so there's just a lot of stuff all over. It's bad. Katelyn is having mini-nervous breakdowns even just looking in my room. I've even fallen over my suitcase a few times. WHY DON'T I JUST CLEAN IT? Who knows.
- I have also been "feeling" a lot lately. Like Monday at the gym, I was watching (actually reading the captions) the "Women Tell All" special of The Bachelor and I started crying because I felt so bad for the women that just wanted to find love! Don't ask. I looked like a crazy person. I've also been feeling pretty restless, and spontaneous. A year ago I would have never ordered a bathing suit online. It's such a risk! Whatever.
- I spent my Wednesday night filling out The Amazing Race application with Jessica. My. Life. Is. So. Random.
- I think I'm finally to the point where I like beer. I like having a beer with my meal. I can drink a whole one. I can chug small amounts of beer. This is exciting because 1) It's cheaper than liquor 2) I like being able to experience life through food and drink and there's so much history and life when it comes to alcohol 3) I won't have to turn down a beer because I don't like it. I remember my mom told me once that she had to make herself like beer and I feel like I did kind of the same thing. It feels kinda cool.
- Lately I've been interested in how humans spend their time. I heard once that you spend 2 whole years of your life standing in line. Think about how much time that is! What you could have been doing instead?! That made me think about how much time we spend in a car (5 years) how much time we spend listening to music (I couldn't find anything on this) and how much time I personally spend singing (I think really a lot. Like more than normal people. At least all the time I spend in my car) It just makes me think, you know?
- A week from today I would have traveled in a 9-passenger van 12 hours to my 2011 Spring Break destination, Destin, FL. I'll let you know how that goes.
- I wonder if when I look back on this season of my life will it appear to me as a giant dream? This past few months have been crazy.
"And we'll proclaim that we
don't know how long we'll be
As we kiss the world goodbye
Kiss the world goodbye"
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment