25 THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME
- When I was around the age of 10, I was obsessed with Elvis Presley. I had all of his musical-movies on VHS tape and I had not one, but two posters of him in my room. My family also took a trip to Graceland for vacation and it was like the highlight of my life. My favorite Elvis movie is Girl Happy and I always wanted to be Shelley Fabre. I also had Pricilla Presely's book, "Elvis and Me" and now going back and reading it as an adult I probably shouldn't have been reading it when I was 10.
- I've never had anything really important stolen from me except in 2009, I had my iPhone 3 stolen at a party. I didn't have a phone for a week because I was staying in a house with no landline. It was seriously the weirdest week of my life I had no contact with the outside world. But apparently the guy that stole it is in jail now.
- I drink my coffee black with just a little bit of creamer and I'm sort of becoming a java addict.
- I'm registered as an Independent voter.
- One thing that I inherited from my parents is my hair color (and kidney stones but that's for another day) and I've never dyed it because my mom would probably literally threaten my life because she always tells me that people pay thousands of dollars to get their hair the same color as mine. It's a light blonde and every time I get my hair cut at a new salon the hairdresser always comments on it. I'm lucky I don't have to dye it.
- When I was little my mom let me watch the movie Alien and it traumatized me. I couldn't sleep and I would get nauseous every time I ate because I would think about the Alien coming out of the people's stomach. As soon I got over that fear she showed me the movie The Fly and it was all downhill from there. When I was little I didn't really understand the term "Movie Magic", I thought it was real.
- If I had to eat one meal for the rest of my life it would have to involve avocados in some way or form.
- I've had literally a job in every field. Retail, Child Care, Pet Care, Office Work, and Food Service.
- My favorite TV show of all time is Friends, but 30 Rock is coming in at a close second. I do not believe that HIMYM is even SLIGHTLY COMPARABLE to Friends. Not even close. Friends DEFINED the 90's.
- One of my favorite memories from college is when the girls in the sorority used to prank the fraternities. Whenever the new Greek Life Coordinator came in she said we couldn't prank any longer so the girls now don't get to experience it but those were some of my absolute favorite nights. I will never forget Britney throwing a vat of potato soup on some unsuspecting Kappa Sig's car, or when we accidently let the Kappa Sig house dog out and had to chase it all over campus, or when we took a boy from each fraternity hostage and dyed their hair pink. I don't remember a time where I've ever laughed that hard.
- I was witness to probably the only time Sara King has said the F-word.
- I say ya'll an alarming amount of times when I'm waiting tables.
- I could watch The Real Housewives of Orange County over and over and over again.
- I didn't know who NSYNC was for a really long time and whenever we would play on the playground, everyone would make Chris my boyfriend but I didn't know the difference.
- If I ever get a dog, he/she will be named after food.
- Once when I was working as a hostess/to-go girl at a restaurant I got nachos thrown on me by an angry patron.
- Regardless of how much we watched it in High School, I've never seen Remember The Titans in it's entirety.
- While doing this list, I have been simultaneously reading the lists of other people from 2009 and it's really blowing my mind a little bit to see how everyone (including me) has changed. And I really wanted to read Bryce's but he doesn't have one.
- My favorite book is and always will be Ella Enchanted.
- Whenever I'm in my car alone, I'm most likely singing. Like, Rachel Berry style singing.
- I've been up for Prom Queen, Miss Choctaw (3 yrs) and Homecoming Queen (UCO) but I have lost all of those. I'm not meant to have a crown, it will make me drunk with power.
- Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday and my favorite costume that I've had was a Cat-Witch. Completely original, my mom even sewed my tail.
- My first car with a Pontiac Grand Prix that was two cars welded together. I loved that car so much because it represented freedom and my first love - but it was really a POS.
- One of my favorite things about HS was Drama - I think the Drama kids were popular but it's really hard to convince anyone who DIDN'T go to Choctaw of that fact.
- I've been thinking lately about the decision that I made to come to UCO and how my life would be totally different if I hadn't met everyone here that I did. I'm not sure what my life would be like but I don't know if I would want to find out...
So that's it! My 25 Things About Me... I really enjoyed writing that so I hope you enjoy reading. See you all tomorrow!
Mal xoxo
1 comment:
so when you told me you were doing BEDA, I was like "that would be cool if I had 30 days worth of things to say". now I think I will try to say something. You inspired me.
Post a Comment