- The pride we carry for the things we are known for - Sonic, College Football, our crazy weather, Eishen's chicken, the musical "Oklahoma!" and I think we might actually claim Dr. Pepper.
- OKC Thunder - for years and years Oklahomans have been split when it comes to football, and now that we have something that can all unite us, it's all that much better. The playoff game was incredible, I have never been in a stadium that loud. Rise Together.
- Our weird artsy neighborhoods - They are small and aren't very well-known, but they are there. I've been to plenty of spoken word nights, and art walks and cool festivals. The people that say there's nothing to do here obviously don't know where to look
- Metropolitan Library System - and the friends of the library book sale. I literally die every February.
- The University of Central Oklahoma - what can I say? This place is really home - and it's not because of the buildings or the classes or the clubs or whatever. It's because there's seriously good people here. With good intentions.
- Everything is cheaper here - enough said.
- BoBo's Chicken - and things like that. The swings at OU. Climbing on top of Evan's Hall. Spotlighting in Hafer Park. Edmond in the summertime. Hudson's karaoke night. The adventures that I have that I wouldn't have if I didn't live here.
- Traffic - There literally is none.
- The Sunset - There's really nothing like an Oklahoma sunset. It restores your faith in nature.
- The people.
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment