It's amazing how much things can change in a year.
Tonight I went to UCO's Finale of Greek Week, Spring Sing, for the first time as an alum. For the past three years I've been the director, a participant, an organizer and it was super-weird to finally realize that it was completely over.
When I was in the sorority it was truly my thing - something that I looked forward to every year and something that I was good at and something that I got better at and grew into. I've never felt that leadership was my strong suit (I've always thought I've been a better MEMBER of things) but everyone knew that SS was always something I wanted control over. Each year I co-directed was a completely different experience (considering it was with a different fraternity every time) and the people that I worked with have become my great friends. Win or lose (And I've done both) some of my best memories were from that time.
I can't say that I have a favorite year - because I have good memories from all of them - but last year really stuck out in my mind.
It was my senior year, I had a lead part, and I spent about 3 day straight writing the script with my good friend Mikey. We got first place and the thing that I was most proud of was that we WON and we WROTE the script. Like, I wrote it. That, I think, was the most magical part about it. Oh, yeah, and the after party was fun too.
But it's weird to think that was an entire year ago - and my how things have changed! I have so many good memories from the rehearsals and performances of Spring Sing, and I was lucky and blessed to be able to pursue the things that I am interested in and that I'm passionate about.
2008 - Greek Heroes
2010 - Greeks On The Red Carpet
Mal xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment