But it will also be the last time I've laughed with the other servers about a particular regular, last time we will grab a mess-up off the line and eat it in the back, last time I will hang out with my friends WHILE I'm at work, last time I will eat bread with basil aoli and soup cause those are the only things that are free, last time I will get an unexpected big tip, and last time I will seriously confide in my co-workers about my life, my relationships, my boy problems and what the heck I want to do with my life.
I started waiting tables about a year ago, right after I got out of the sorority. I remember thinking the restaurant industry was so intimidating, but I think that's what drew me to it. I remember making my first friend - Amy - and we shared cheesecake every Sunday night after we had worked a double. I remember getting so stressed out over the smallest things, and then learning to let that go. Other than my job now (that I'm going full time in) this is the longest I've stayed in a job and I really am glad that I did. I grew so much in this past year and so much has happened and my co-workers at the PG were there for it all.
If you can't already tell, this is a very bittersweet time. There are a lot of things I am leaving behind but I'm doing that to gain so much more. I am going to miss the night shifts more than anything but I know what I'm doing is right. It seems like I'm a pendulum though - one minute I'm completely done but the next I'm so sad to leave this part of my life. There's really no chance of going back - it's going to happen eventually but no one really prepares you for it. I guess that's just how life goes!
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment