Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hello Dearies,

It's the end of May so I think I'm ready to approach this blog again. It seems that writing during BEDA is good for the soul and has great sentimental value, but also has a high rate of burnout. It looks like I'm the last one to write again, which is somewhat ironic, but I handled leaving the Jami House by listening to Taylor Swift in my car and crying on the way home from Norman, and have had nothing but the best dreams, involving Thunder Basketball players.

I've had a lot to think about over the past month - the beauty and simplicity of John Mayer's new album, my decision to buy a lot of hats and also a lot of clothes that are out of my element, return to insta.gram, the month after the half marathon (seems so long ago), and my newly minted quest to find the best burger in OKC, losing the internet at my house, cookouts, pools, and playoff games with friends, drinking with the good ones for the first time (can you imagine if we were all blogging during that time?), Wiig's exit from SNL and laughing with friends over Debbie Downer.

Right now I'm feeling stuck but also encouraged at the same time. These two pieces of writing have given me and inspiration to put pen to paper again but also overwhelmed me with the possibility of that action. I hope you all take the time to read them:

The Future Has An Ancient Heart

The Opposite of Loneliness

I bet you've also noticed a change in the blog name. I've decided to take this writing in another direction - a little more serious, more quality content and more frequently. This might be hard as I will have to be dipping in and out of coffee shops and libraries to grab the free wi-fi but I think that it will be a fun project for this summer.

Now that I've gotten the first post out of the way, I'm going to leave you with my life in instagram, and work on my latest mix CD. Ciao!




Mal xoxo


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...