Wednesday, August 1, 2012

All Year Long, We Wait For Sun

So I'm currently sitting in a new little coffee shop in downtown Edmond. I'm taking advantage of the A/C and free WiFi but I just paid 6.50 for a glass of wine when I could have bought an entire bottle. So after I write this I'm going to watch 2 more hours of Daily Grace.

I'm wearing a hat and I feel like a pretentious douche because there are several pretentious douches here wearing hats. But I'm wearing one because I ran after work and my hair is disgusting.

It's 110 degrees outside.

I originally wasn't going to do BEDA this year. But today I looked back at last year's August posts and didn't recognize the person that I was a year ago. So I figured I would be mad at myself if I didn't at least TRY this year. I only made it halfway through last year. I wonder what I was doing.

Last year on this day I struggled with weight. I'm now about 40 pounds lighter. I ran a half marathon. I'm conscious of what I eat. I fit into the clothes I want to. I don't binge drink. That's odd. I'm not done running.

(Although I did have a weird moment at the grocery store where I realized I could literally buy all the delicious food that was there and no one could stop me because I'm an adult. And why had I never seen all of this awesome food before?  That's how I walked out with Vanilla Cupcake Frosted Funfetti Pop Tarts/JIF Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Dip I got home and was like what the hell did I just buy)

I also had just started a new job and was figuring out what I was good at and what I liked and my purpose at my workplace. I think I've learned since then I'm not a huge fan of people. What does that say about me? Sure does limit me when I'm looking for another job. Whoops. I'm still struggling with getting paid once a month. But whose idea was that anyway? Like, it sucks.

I guess I talked a little bit about the change of friends when you leave college. I get that now, but it's even sweeter when you get to see the people you love.

Well I guess that's it for now. I know @B isn't Beda-ing this year, but @S and @A are you?

Mal xoxo


1 comment:

Bryce said...

Your new bio has my heart.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...