I was reading Eat Live Run and I saw that she had a "Virtual Coffee Date", basically if you and I went to have coffee, what I would talk about and straight from the heart. I thought it was a cute idea so I took it for myself.
I would start off by telling you that I have the moving bug - bad. I know that I need to count on God's provision and timing but that doesn't make it any easier to have patience. I don't know where I want to be but I feel like it might be time to experience something else, other than where I am right now. I would tell you that I've kind of been looking for jobs even though I have no earthly idea what I want to do.
I would tell you that for the first time in 2 years I wrote a poem, and it exploded from within me in a matter of minutes. It started as a blog, then turned into an essay, and then I took that racket to it and it turned into something completely different, and not about me at all.
I would complain about how there's no AC in my apartment and ask to come over to watch your cable and the Olympics in Central heat and air during this 113 degree weather.
I would let you know how frustrating it is to have never felt completely head over heels for someone and how that has been a struggle and a source of disappointment constantly in my life. How I'm waiting for the right one but how am I suposed to know what that looks like? Also I would tell you that going to weddings alone sucks.
I'd let you know that I'm still running, pretty fast in fact, and increasing my speed and time on the treadmill. I'd tell you that I'm waiting for it to cool down and that I want to run a 30 minute 5k eventually before I start training for the Austin Half Marathon.
I'd let you know that I'm about to rid. Once the heat subsides I'm planning on selling a lot of my things, purging my closet for clothes that are too big and things I don't wear any longer. That I feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff that I have and want to get rid of 50% of it.
I would tell you about some of the crazy nights I've had with friends and soaking up the energy that comes with summer. Trying to squeeze the last drops out of the season before fall comes.
What would you tell me?
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment