There are certain things about this town that charm me. I’m not from Oklahoma, originally, I’m actually a west coast girl from California. I guess living here this summer on my own lend me to notice things a lot more. There are some things that I just love living in in Oklahoma, especially in Edmond. I’ve noticed specific trends or things that only UCO people do, and it makes me feel comfortable, like there’s always going to be people around that understand. Like… Sonic.
I think a part of our southern pride is spent on this restaurant. Since it was originated in Oklahoma City and is still where the national headquarters are, Oklahomans are drawn here. The food isn’t really that spectacular, but the drinks are what really draw people there. They have a large fountain drink/slushee/shake selection with lots of different flavors etc. I was talking to my mom the other day about happy hour at sonic (2-4 drinks are half off) and how sonic is always PACKED, when in reality you could go across the street to McDonalds and get your Dr.Pepper. for about the same price. But the ice isn’t the same.
Dr. Pepper is another thing. Every time I go out to eat with a group of my friends we all order Dr. Pepper. It’s just something we do. I’ve lived in Oklahoma for the better part of my life, and all of my friends have always drunk Dr. Pepper. It’s not until this summer I’ve really developed a taste for it. That and Diet Dr. Pepper. With Vanilla. From Sonic. See what I’m saying?
Another thing that I think is UCO (my university) specific is the music we all listen to. I will be the first to tell you that I have my own crazy taste in music and I’ll listen to anything, but when I’m with a group of friends, we’ll talk about Eli Young Band or Kings of Leon. Both native Oklahoman bands and both very good in their own sense. It seems everyone around here is into Kings of Leon, and why shouldn’t they bed? They have a great sound and a really unique lead singer. I’m glad that we all know their songs so we all have something to sing along to in the car.
I don’t know, I’ve been noticing these types of things this summer while it’s been lazy and great. I have a few more blog ideas, so I’ll hit up this blog later!!
Mal
No comments:
Post a Comment