What?
From country music to rap? How does that happen? On a whim, I took a hip-hop dance class. I've always loved to dance but to be truthful I've never been the best at it. Of course I'd love to become a Prima Ballerina but in my heart of hearts I know that will probably never happen. But it's something that makes me happy so I try to do it whenever I can. I took a 1 credit hour hip-hop class on Friday afternoons that took the form of America's Best Dance Crew - we were split up into "crews", learned choreography and "battled" each other once a month.
It. was. so. much. fun.
A few of my friends were in the class and I always looked forward to learning the choreography having fun. It was one of the best classes I've ever taken and it exposed me to some awesome rap/hip-hop music. We danced to Mims, Jay-Z, Kanye and Chris Brown. I guess that's also when I started getting deep into my Poetry classes - learning about different rhyme schemes, the way that words sound together and how to create a mood. I guess those two classes together sparked something in me and I discovered a connection. So needless to say, I'm really excited this month because....
See what I mean? Black-Eyed Peas, Kanye West, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, and Jay-Z greatest hits? Not to mention Rascal Flatts (who will always hold a soft spot in my heart), new Glee music and more! My iTunes account is definitely taking a major hit this month. But it doesn't matter because the new music is awesome so far - I've been listening to Kanye West's new CD and it is awesome.
What kind of music do you like to listen to?
Mal xoxo





No comments:
Post a Comment