Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Break: Day 1.


It's a rare and beautiful thing when I have three days off. In a row. I have three jobs and whenever the heavens align so I can spend some time doing the things I want to do - and not have an internal clock ticking away, then it's a good day. Plus, Thanksgiving is my second favorite Holiday - after Halloween. It's allowance to be a slug all day, cook, eat, drink, and then (on Black Friday) shop.

My routine today - I got to sleep in for the first time in forever. I got up and watched Glee on Hulu with my roommate while I ate a breakfast of peanut butter toast and cheesy eggwhites. Yum. Then I spent some QUALITY time in the gym - 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes in my couch to 5k program (which I've done Day 1 like 3 times... hopefully this time it will stick). I'm still a little afraid of the weight room - I think I might need a buddy the next time I want to tackle it. I'm always happy when I can zone out and not think about what time it is and what I need to do as soon as I go home. After I got home I ate some lunch - a turkey sandwich with alvacado (which I've been seriously addicted to lately) and then packed my stuff and headed to my parents house.

For the past few hours I been chilling on the couch watching sitcoms with my parents - which is a ritual that we uphold every time I come home. It's really relaxing whenever I come home. I can just veg out on the couch and watch their AWESOME TV and not really worry about how I look or what I'm doing. My Dad also has a treadmill in the garage with a TV so I think tomorrow I'll continue my couch to 5k. My roommate and I decided to run a 5k together sometime soon so it will be good to have something to train for.


(My roommate and I after each of our respective runs)

Tomorrow I plan to watch my dad make Thanksgiving lunch, watch movies, and maybe explore the blog-o-sphere. Adios!

Mal xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...