Saturday, December 4, 2010

Part of Your World...

I've been particularly weepy today - here's why:

  • I got to have a long, leisurely breakfast with Cyndi. After years and years she continues to be an amazing source of encouragement and inspiration to me. Graduating college is a scary step and although no one can tell me the exact right path though the dark, I'm very blessed to have people that light the way. We talked about everything under the sun, from Graduate School, boys, going through a quarter-life crisis and wine. For the past two years she's been living six hours away, and soon that is going to change. I'm so happy to have her back in my life (although we kept in touch through letters). I was so happy when I left - resulting in me being a bawl-baby driving down 15th street in my Honda.
  • This is going to sound crazy - and it doesn't really matter because there probably isn't anyone out there reading this blog, but everyone changing their facebook profile pictures to cartoons? I changed mine to Ariel (obviously) and then started listening to Disney music religiously. Let me say that I have been listening to "Just Around The Riverbend" my whole life but never has it applied to my life more than it has now. And "Bonjour", "Part of Your World", etc. I find solace in the quest of these strong female heroines - wanting to be a part of something so much more. Ariel and Belle will always be my favorites. I also have some exciting news about Disney - which I won't share quite yet.
  • I'M GRADUATING COLLEGE IN TWO WEEKS. IF THAT'S NOT THE CRAZIEST THING EVER. I feel like I'm seriously about to go through an academic break-up, I know it's going to be hard to say goodbye to college, even though being out of the sorority has a helped a little bit. I just want to see the world! Is that not so bad?

Mal xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...