Maybe it's because I broke down and bought "Conquering Your Quarterlife Crisis" (on my iPad, there was no way I'm explaining THAT to a Barnes & Noble worker)
Maybe it's because I'm graduating IN TWO WEEK with little to no plans.
Maybe it's because of the holidays.
Maybe it's because I'M very much single.
Maybe it's because I'm an only child...
But I can't take all the relationship talk that's going on in my life!
I have always had this insatiable urge to do something amazing with the life I've been given. Relationships, dating, boys, etc has never been something that has taken the forte in my life. I'm always trying to figure out someone's story, or create art or better myself and I get so frustrated when others aren't doing the same! The other day I watched Eat, Pray, Love and at the beginning when she goes to the healer in Bali and doesn't ask how to get closer to God or how to connect with nature or even better herself....but she talks about a relationship? That's crazy!
I AM living in Oklahoma. We all practically get married at 16.
That's that thing. And I have so many wonderful friends that are like me. That understand the urgency that I have to save the world, or something like it. It just frustrates me when people don't understand it.
I realize that when you commit to someone you are essentially becoming one person. But what kind of person is that going to be when you haven't even figured yourself out?
I need to pray about this - about easing my frustrations and about my purpose in life. It shocks me to think that the people around me think they already know what they are set on this earth to do. How can they?
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment