Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Night


It's no secret that I'm entering a new season of my life. Are we ever satisfied? I've been thinking a lot right now about my long term goals, and about where I want to be and what I want to be doing. Where is the path for life taking me? Am I meant to be an artist? A leader? A teacher? A model? (HAH) I've been looking at my life and how I want to live it - for real - and I've discovered these things:
  • I no longer have my Facebook active. It served as a distraction (a welcome one most of the time) and fuel for the jealously that lives inside of me. So maybe I can get something done for once. (Sideabar: I thought about giving up Facebook for a year and writing a book about it, but then I realized everyone who remembers before 2004 would murder me in the street.)
  • I'm making a conscious effort to not be overloaded by social networking. I usually check my Twitter feed with one eye cracked open on my iphone before I even get out of bed. Now I try to go for a walk in the morning, and mentally prepare myself for the day.
  • I have watched this, this and read this for inspiration. (I wonder if you all know what I'm planning to do starting July 1)
  • I have almost accomplished running 30 miles in June. This is something I've been working on and now I'm almost an addict. My mind is cleared and I feel so much better than I did 3 months ago. Like a new person.
  • It's really hot where I live. Like extremely hot. And even though I love my little apartment my source of air conditioning is a window unit next to my bed. I camp out there with a fan on me to try not to die. It really sucks right now, I just wish it would get cooler. I also cleaned, and I'm having my landlord take one of the chairs out of my living room so I can put a writing desk in. That's one of the things I miss about my old place.
I just wanted to record my thoughts tonight... I'm not sure any of this even makes sense! I'm off to bed...

Mal xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...