Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Weekend!


I had a great birthday weekend. This year my birthday fell on a Friday, so I got to celebrate with friends and family the entire time. On Friday, I got to work and my coworker had brought me some donuts. I did some work, then our office went out to lunch to eat for my birthday. After we got back from lunch there was an edible arrangement waiting for me from a friend. I got off work a little early and went shopping/had dinner with some friends, then we got ready to go out that night! We had a great time to say the least

Saturday I had to work a football game in the afternoon but after that I headed home to go to dinner with my parents. We went to Logan's Roadhouse and it was soooo good. I had the filet minion. I have never ordered that before but I was really in the mood for a steak.

Then I went home to my parent's house and went to bed after doing some laundry. I was catching up on my Youtube subscriptions when I laid down and closed my eyes and THE BED STARTED SHAKING!! I opened my eyes and I realized that we were having an earthquake. I was laying there and I decided not to get up but the earthquake was lasting FOREVER. I got out of bed and went into my parents room and my mom was laughing and my dad turned on the TV while I checked Twitter and EVERYONE was tweeting about it. It was so crazy!

Before going out on Friday night!
Oklahoma has some crazy weather. Tornadoes, ice storms, record heat this summer, crazy wind, but I have never felt an earthquake quite like that. My dad said it was the first earthquake he's ever felt. I kinda liked it because it was small enough not to do much damage but big enough to feel. It was quite the experience.

Sunday resulted in a impromptu trip to Norman to shop with some friends. I had a great time and maybe spent too much money. My parents gave me some money for my birthday and I finally bought a high-end hair straightener. I have have my 30 dollar one for awhile and it's just not cutting it. I also bought some cold weather clothes. I'm ready to bust them out but today it's going to be 70 degrees. I know I'll be regretting this but I'm just ready for it to be cold!

All in all, I had a great weekend. This is the first birthday in a long time that I have felt really really loved. So many people did so many nice things for me. All my friends are great.




With that being said, it's time to kick off:


Lately I've been a little bored with my writing. I'm at the point where I have some free time to try new things so I have created this little project. Hopefully I can get some good writing in and be able to check some stuff off my bucket list. What do you guys think?

Ciao,
Mal xoxo

2 comments:

Jena Roach said...

Hey girl! Happy birthday :) I saw your blog on 20SB. We're both in Oklahoma! Wahoo. And I agree, we've been having some crazzzay weather lately! I'm already ready for summer. ha ha!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Happy Birthday, Malory!! What's odd is that while I was in San Francisco for a food conference, two earthquakes happen back at home... so crazy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...