Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Celebrations.

I'm not much for Christmas.

Ever since the steady decline of good presents from my parents, my favorite part of the holiday season was the fact that I could come from from college and nap 24/7 and watch my parent's cable.

But this year I suppose I got into the spirit more than usual. I was a regular elf, bouncing around Edmond, shopping for my friends and wrapping gifts while watching The Office on Saturday afternoons. All except baking cookies and treats - I'm still in beastmode. (12 lbs down).

When I finally headed home, I watched "The Santa Clause" and "The Sound of Music", the latter not being a Christmas movie but one that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I had about 3 separate holiday celebrations. Since none of my family lives in Oklahoma, the time spent with my parents was familiar and fun - our annual Christmas Eve dinner out, waking up insanely early to open presents and then immediately going back to sleep, watching the Disney Christmas parade and eating sirloin steak and king crab legs. But there was two other fun nights that I think I needed.

S and B and I decided to exchange gifts with each other and collaborate on what the other friend would like. I loved shopping for Sarah because I knew that anything that I picked out she would love- and I especially enjoyed spoiling her with extra presents. Bryce was great because I knew what he would like and I loved watching them open their presents (at the restaurant). We ate like kings at The Melting Pot and had one of the best nights I've had with them in a long time. Since we all live different places, it's so nice to have a night with them - uninterrupted.

Then, on Christmas night, Mikey, Jessica, Brandon and I descended on the ThunderDome to attend the Thunder basketball season opener. I have never hung out with my friends on Christmas, but it was so so fun. I think we all decided just to have a blast and not care about how much money we were spending (hello 6$ beers) or what time it was or how many calories we were consuming. The game was awesome as always and we went out to a tiny little hole in the wall bar afterwards. If you've never gotten drunk with your friends at a sketch bar on Christmas I highly recommend it. We went home and all stayed and went to lunch the next day. It's funny how we 4 can have the exact same night over and over again but it never fails to be a complete blast, with new inside jokes and memories.

There's something to be learned about company that you surround yourself with. Although I have about 60% less friends than college I don't think I would trade the quality of friends for the quantity of them. I really had a blast celebrating the season with the people I love.

I'm off for an entire week this week and on the agenda? I'm lucky that it's going to be nice weather. I plan on going tomorrow to buy brand new top of the line running shoes! I've really enjoyed running lately and eating super healthy and clean. I feel so much better, stronger. I need to return some Christmas presents and get my apartment ready for the new year. I'm excited for 2012 and all the changes it will bring.

While you're waiting for the ball to drop - here's a list of songs I've loved this year, via Spotify.

Songs I've Loved This Year

I'm off to watch Breaking Bad with my mom!

Mal xoxo




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...