I will now attempt to explain everything that has been going on in my life for the past few weeks, in bullet form.
- I've been getting up every morning at 6am to workout. As much as that really really sucks it makes me feel so much better all day. Every morning it's a struggle since it's literally 10 degrees outside. The first 7 minutes are the hardest. As soon as I have my tennis shoes on it's no going back. At my gym, there's TV screens on all the treadmills, with cable, might I add. I have discovered Boy Meets World on ABC Family at 6:00 and 6:30 and lets just say if I don't get a TV that works I have a very cranky workout.
- Also still been eating okay. That's probably the hardest thing about wanting to get in shape. Sometimes it's just so easy to eat crappy. And I like chocolate.
- Yesterday, I ran my first 5k ever. Like really ran it. But also very slowly. And it was something that I did alone. It was great and when I finished I wanted someone to congratulate me but there was no one there so I just went home and cleaned my apartment. Races are definitely more fun with someone to do it with me. But I also liked running alone so I'm not sure which is better.
- Last week I also took a "weekend" aka Tuesday and Wednesday to go down to Dallas to the Watch The Throne tour. Which was incredible. The concert was amazing, and the next day we spent shopping and eating and hanging out around Dallas. We went to NorthPark and went to all the good stores, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Anthropologie, and all the fancy stores too. We then went HAM on some In-N-Out and hit up Ikea, which made me want to clean my apartment like a boss. It was a great 2 days and very refreshing.
- After this week and a few days of the next, I have 2 weeks off. Let's get there now.
- I've been thinking lately about where I was a year ago today. I was literally freaking out about graduating, money, jobs, and all of the like. Now I have a great job, good friends, a cute apartment and not much to worry about except for getting healthy. I see all my friends going through the same thing that I was and I'm so glad I'm past that place. It sucked being one of the first ones to go through it, but at least I got it over with. I'm really at the place now where I can clean the top of my fridge on a Thursday night and be ok with it. I'm also okay with a Target trip on Friday night and going home, reading a good book, and going to bed. Am I growing up?
- Christmas is happening. I kind of hate Christmas shopping, but love Christmas parties.
- If anyone knows me really well they know that I love Friends. Whenever I'm getting ready to go out or cleaning my apartment or cooking dinner or on the weekends I just have the seasons playing on a loop. Today I just finished the series for probably the 5th time since I've had the DVDs (Not counting the original episodes and all the reruns I've watched. I still got teary eyed when the camera panned to the last shot of the door. I don't know what it is about that show but I could probably never stop watching it. It doesn't ever get boring or not funny to me.
Well I guess that's it for this Sunday night...
Ciao,
Mal xoxo
1 comment:
I love Friends too. I've watched all the DVDs so many times as well. What a great show.
Post a Comment