- Last week I went a little overboard on the fitness classes. I went to Zumba on Monday, Yoga on Tuesday at UCO, Weights on Wednesday morning, and Yoga Thursday night at the studio by my house. All while working out at 6 in the morning too. But then on Saturday I turned around and had the best run of my life. 3 miles straight with no stopping. I never would have believed that I could have done that but I think the stretching, combined with the weights and the yoga really helped my endurance and breathing. It made me so excited for the half-marathon in April. I finally felt like I had a runner's high.
- Then I turned around and tried to run on Monday and it was the worst of my life. I was slow, it was windy, my leg started aching in the place it always does. I find out later that it seems you are suposed to have a bad run after your really good one. I guess it's a thing.
- I've been really driven lately when it comes to weight-loss. It's so hard to stay motivated and eat healthy and I really really want this THIS YEAR. Some things I do to help me stay on track - browse the Pinterest "fitness" boards, look at the yellow polkadot bikini that I ordered from VS, watch the Biggest Loser, drink water with lemon (all day every day), look at my milestone schedule, think about why I don't want to weight as much as I do.
- Here's my milestone schedule: I'm wanting to lose a total of 73 pounds. So for the first 20, I'm going to get a massage, for the next 40, I don't know what I want to do, for 50 I'm throwing myself a party, and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for the next 60. But for the end result, the 73 pounds, I'm going to get a new Driver's License since what is on my license now is my ultimate goal weight. It's really slow going, but I know it will be worth it in the end.
- Last weekend I went and saw Beauty and the Beast with some friends, and it was as good as I remember it. I also saw Joyful Noise and it was cheesy, awful and I loved it all the same!
- On Sunday I volunteered with the Regional Food Bank of OK and some of the students that I work with on campus. It was fun and I was glad I had the next day off so I could go home to do laundry and decompress.
- My post on LiveSigmaKappa should be up in a few days - but I'm going to post it here as well so I have a record of it. It's one that is close to my heart and I have thought a lot about. I really like it.
- Work has been busy as we gear up for this next year. I'm enjoying it though, lots to do!
I guess that's it for now - I'm off to yoga!
Mal xoxo
1 comment:
I've been trying to think of good weight loss mini-goals, so I hope you don't mind if I steal a couple. You're doing a great job.
Post a Comment