Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012!

I'm starting off this year with a few adjustments in my life. I've been sprucing up my living space, running around town dropping off dry-cleaning, picking up groceries and getting myself ready for a new start. It's a good time to be productive and focus on my goals and priorities for the new year.

I'm ready to tackle my relationship with food.

I've been reading Women, Food and God and already 2 chapters in it has been changing my life. I love the approach the author takes connecting food and spirituality. Fueling ourselves is such an important part of life (we wouldn't survive without it) and the way that we handle food is the way we handle emotions. When we're happy, when we're stressed, when we're calm and when we're centered reflects on the way that food fits into our lives. It's such an interesting read, and I'm loving the introspection that comes with reading a book like that. I'm ready to grow up and out and take care of myself the way I need to.

I'm ready to digital detox.

Inspired by this post and this post, I'm learning these women found their balance by stepping away from everything that connects us. I've decided to take a clue from them and unplug from Saturday night to Monday morning. No Facebook, Twitter, texts or calls, no checking my phone every 5 seconds or reading all the blogs in my Google Reader. I want to take a long walk around my neighborhood, listen to a new CD, read a book, go to Church or just sit. I'm not making any plans or obligations and I'm going to use that time to recharge and start the new week with an open and fresh heart.

I'm ready to accomplish what I haven't before.

See the Grand Canyon. Run a half marathon. Go to Burning Man. Audition for a musical. Send a message in a bottle. This goals and tasks keep running through my mind and I'm constantly feeling the need to fufill them. Is it too cheesy to say that I undoubtably KNOW that this is my year?

I feel so great about the upcoming months and the things to come. I can't wait to look at this in 2013 and see what the year turned out to be.

Mal xoxo

1 comment:

Lea Stone said...

I think digital checking out is a phenomenal idea!

I really feel like this is going to be my year too, so no, I don't think you're cheesy at all! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...