"You've just graduated college, what are you going to do now?"
"I'm going to Disney World!"
And that's exactly what I did.
The thing about buying plane tickets is that they're non-refundable. Like, you purchase them, and no matter what happens you can't get your money back. You better be excited - like this -
It was so nice just to pack up my things and go to Disney and escape for a few days and not have to worry about anything else but what kind of mouse ears I was going to wear that day. We hit Epcot and Hollywood Studios and Magic Studios and it was so much fun the whole time I was there! We watched the Lunar eclipse on one of the Resort beaches and we watched the holiday fireworks from the Top of the World. I kept thanking Kaelyn and her friend David (who also hooked us up with a bunch of Disney perks) because everything was seriously- magical. I had an amazing time.
There's been so many buzz words around me lately - "Graduation" "Grown-Up" "The Real World" that darkens whatever glimmer of hope that I have for getting older. I try not to think of myself as a negative person because in actuality I'm not at all. I feel like there's such cynicism in the minds and hearts of my immediate peers. Just because you're out of college doesn't mean you can't still have fun, right? Every day something incredible happens to me. It's like they graduate and all of a sudden their middle/upper-class life is a hellhole. I've seen a lot worse off. I wait tables with people that can't go to school because they've had a kid, or they have to take care of their parents, etc etc and sometimes I can't believe just how damn lucky I've been these past 22 years. It's been pretty good since '88, if I do say so myself.
I guess this post turned into something that I didn't expect it to. I guess that's why I like writing so much - things come out of the woodwork when you lease expect it.
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment