I read this book once where the main character's mom found joy in buying blue food, because her boyfriend told her that there was no such thing. So it became a joke for the boy and his mom, trying to find anything and everything in the grocery store that was blue. So now I have the natural attraction to food that's blue. Blue is my favorite color. Jello, blueberries, blue Kool-Aid. Thus the blue tortilla chips. Jury's still out on the taste.
Let's not talk about me today, let's talk about you. Frankly, I'm sick of me. Let's talk about blue food and other incredible things in life.
The other day I was remembering whenever my parents and I wanted to go see a movie, we looked up the time in the newspaper. Now I can't even remember the last time I held a newspaper. (Per the Gazette, I am an Oklahoman)
Also, last night when I was on the StairMaster, I thought about how incredibly hard it is to focus while climbing on one of those things. Does it just take practice? Will I ever get to level 7? Why can the teenage boy in the EMHS hoodie go faster and longer than me? Does that make me less of a woman? Maybe I should switch gyms.
This morning when I was getting ready for work, I put on Jay-Z's 99 Problems. This is an amazing song to start your day with.
Whenever you tell someone you've graduated college, and they say "Welcome to the real world", it really bugs me. Are they assuming that my world for the past 22 years has been unreal? Are they hoping that it will suddenly occur to me that I've been living in a dreamworld since I was born? Because it's not going to happen. The earth didn't implode as I walked across the stage in my cap and gown, and I'm still learning from life every single day - just without those pesky professors and long research papers. Shouldn't that make my life better?
Here I go, talking about me again.
I really wish that these blog entries were formed like a circle, but lately I've been just one giant ellipse.
Maybe next week.
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment