
It was.
In the span of a day I've watched 4 episodes of Laguna Beach, Season 1.
I obviously have nothing better to do with my time.
It transported me back to 6 years ago, before 3G networks, Facebook, iPhones, 3-D TV's, Twitter, etc. It's weird to return to something that I watched when I was still in HS. In watching some of the episodes I've learned a lot:
- We were all way too obsessed with boys in High School. I mean, what would have happened if LC and Stephen really did settle down and get married right out of high school? She would have never created the empire that she did, with her clothing and jewelry and awesome makeup and hair website. Let this be a lesson to all of us. Don't let a guy get in the way of what you want to do.
- Who knew there were LDS undertones in the first season? I didn't I guess I wasn't exposed to mormons or BYU and didn't realize there were so many religious themes from Morgan and Christina. Odd.
- This was before iPhones. Now I think if you were to film a reality show in a California High School, the majority of the footage would just be kids looking down at their phones. I honestly can't remember a time when I couldn't google something from my phone. Isn't that really sad?
- When Christina auditioned for the Broadway show I was like "..."
- I didn't know what alcohol was in High School so now that I'm more *ahem* experienced coming out of college, I realize that those kids drank all the time. UM how did they get alcohol? I snuck into a bar ONCE underage and I was so freaked out that I barely drank anything because I was so freaked out. They're all just hanging out in Cabo with their red cups, drinking like nothing's wrong.
So since I'm only 4 episodes in, I'm sure more of these gems will be popping up in the ol' blog in the near future. It's really fun to watch something that I really remember from High School and look at it in a totally different way. More life lessons in the future!
Mal xoxo
1 comment:
Malory! I love these observations. so true.
Post a Comment