I'm already on Season 2 of Laguna Beach. Someone shoot me. Here's our cast looking at a Motorola Razr because it literally JUST CAME OUT. Now if someone had a Razr they'd be practically vintage:
So it's Friday. You can find me tonight at Harkins watching The Lion King. It's where the party is at.
But I just want to take the time to introduce you all to some things I've been loving this week.
1. Fall Boots
I've been mildly obsessed with online window shopping for Fall clothing, especially Jackets and Boots. If anything, I love Fall fashion the most out of anything in the world, and I've always been like that. My mom I remember loved jackets and coats and I think I got that from her. I've been crawling over Pinterest looking for the cutest outfits and have been loving every second. I picked up these boots last week:
I love the simplicity of the brown ones but they are too small for my giant calves. Currently they are in my spare closet with towels shoved down in them. Hopefully the stretch out but if not I'll probably take them to a shoe repair place. I just love them!
The black combat boots are currently on my feet. I tend to stray away from masculine shoes but but I'm wearing a long grey sweater and black skinny jeans. It's perfect for a chilly rainy day like today!
After I got depressed about my boots not fitting over my calves I googled my exact problem and I was led to some plus-sized websites with shoe selections that have wide-calf. Praise the Lord! Next paycheck I'm picking up these babies:
But enough about boots...
2. My iPad 2
I'm so fortunate to have an amazing full-time job that I like and am good at. A few week ago everyone in our office received iPad 2's for business advantages and I'm just learning how to store my meetings and events and organize myself electronically. It's pretty great. And yes, now I have two iPads. How did I get so lucky?
3. Spotify
Spotify is a music subscription service that just arrived in the US and I am obsessed. You can listen to any album, artist or song, for free. I mean, there's some ads and you don't actually own the music, but when I'm sitting at a computer for 8 hours every day I can listen to playlists I actually create. If you have Spotify here are some of my favorites:
What are your favorite Spotify playlists?
4. Country Music
I've been LOVING country music lately. I'm not sure what it is (usually summertime is for country music) but I've been listening to Zac Brown Band, Eli Young Band, Hunter Hayes, Taylor Swift, Pistol Annies and Miranda Lambert. I was raised on Country music and I've strayed away for the past few years but now I'm getting back to my roots. In Oklahoma it's easy to go to Country shows and really get in to the culture of the music. Maybe a trip to Nashville is in my future?
5. Snuggly Nights In
Lately I've been in a real nesting mode. I haven't wanted to go out and drink (which is unlike me) and I've been hitting the sack embarrassingly early. I love to snuggle up in my bed with a good book or watching TV on my iPad. It's nice to unwind after a long week and I don't really feel like acting like an idiot and then feeling like crap the next day. I've also started with two personal trainers through an employee wellness program, so I've been wanting to be a bit healthier and I can't do that if I'm not taking care of my body! I feel like after the last year it needs a bit of a detox. So if I can achieve that by laying in bed reading Game of Thrones, so be it! It doesn't bother me. :)

Although a glass of champagne does sound nice.
So that's what I'm loving this week. What are you guys loving?
Mal xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment