So I recently got the opportunity to catch NBC's new show, The Playboy Club. It comes on Mondays at 9 Oklahomie time, and but suffice to sat the only two channels I get clearly are CBS and Fox. I don't even think NBC registers. So I watched it today via my NBC iPad app and I'm ashamed to say:
I loved it.
Bryce likes to tell me that I like trash, and I agree with him. I'm a fan of the Housewives series, Dance Moms, The Glee Project, and etc. But I think it's the fact that I'm completely drawn to anything shiny.
The Playboy Club is NOT the best show in the world, but I like it alright. First, it reminds me of something that my parents wouldn't have let me watch when I was little (Baywatch, Buffy) because of it's subtle tones of sexuality (not to mention 60's sexism) so I feel kind of rebellious while watching.
The women have gorgeous hair and makeup, and the men are dressed in skinny ties and suits. Delicious. There's also some musical numbers and I can tell the new bunny is just DYING to be a star. Call me psycho but that's the type of TV I live for. Probably because subconsciously that's the type of live I'd like to live. All mixed in with murder, intrigue, and political commentary. Not bad. I suggest you all check it out.
Another movie that's right up my alley: Burlesque -
(I love Julianne Hough's style, makeup and hair color in this movie. So pretty)
Also, the original movie that made me fall in love with glamour - Chicago:
What are your favorite "guilty pleasures"?
Mal xoxo








1 comment:
i'm like you, girl. i've got a baaad vice for low-quality tv. if you're looking for a new fix, just click on bravo any time of the day or night. it's so good at being bad!
Post a Comment