Sunday, March 4, 2012

Half-Marathon Training Week 4

Hello lovely readers! This week I felt like was a rest week even though I exerted more energy than I have in a long time. Maybe it's due to the giant to-go box of Panda Express I devoured on Saturday while laying around my parent's house doing nothing but taking naps and pinning on Pinterest. I definitely wasn't that consistent but this week I feel I'm ready to do more! I need to grocery shop and get some healthy foods.

Monday: Rest day. Ya'll know I take these pretty seriously. I didn't do anything.

Tuesday: I ran early in the morning. I wrote in my log that "Legs really started to hurt. I need to put more emphasis on stretching". Amen. I don't actually remember this run. I did 3.51 miles.



Tuesday night I decided to try on some old clothes to see if they would fit. I ended up pulling out my True Religion jeans from college (They are my favorite pair of jeans) that are a size 32. I pulled them on and they fit. I was shocked. I mean I couldn't breathe at all but they were on my body. I wore them to work the next day.

Wednesday: Cross. I went for a walk at the park (about 3 miles) with my co-worker Val and her dog. Then we went to check out the new grocery store in Edmond. Gorgeous, but overpriced. I'll stick to Crest.

Thursday: I was a little ambitious on Thursday. It was on my plan to run 3.5 miles, but I took off work early with Val and we ran 5 miles at Lake Hefner. It was GORGEOUS outside. But once I started running I got hot. I need to invest in some running shorts, and switch over from my cold weather gear. I was wearing legging and a tank top, both black. Since we were by the lake, it was also very windy. I have also been getting thirsty on my runs. I might need to either drink more water leading up to it, or invest in a water carrier thing. We ran the majority of it, and walked probably the last half mile.

Friday: Didn't end up waking up to go to yoga. I welcomed the extra sleep. :)

Saturday: No cross training for me, haha. I feel like I'm skimping on an important part. I'm going to be better about it this week.

Saturday I hit the thrift store in town. I wanted to see if I could get some colored jeans since I've been seeing them everywhere, but I didn't want to pay $70+ for something that I could get for cheaper. I ended up hitting the jackpot! There were some magenta colored jeans in a size 13 (I was praying they would fit) for $6. I took them up to pay (along with 2 really cute shirts) and they ended up being half off! I died. When I got home I looked up the price online for the brand and they are selling for $50 at PacSun. That solidified my love for thrift stores.

Sunday: I did another 5 miles at the park in Midwest City. I took my family dog with me, and she loved it! We walked about a half mile in the middle of it because I wasn't sure how she would do going that type of distance but she was fine. It was beautiful outside and I wore a tank and leggings with a dry-fit hat. We stopped at mile four to try to drink some water but she wouldn't take it from my hand. After we got back to the car I gave her some more out of my hand and she drank it. There was lots of people at the park and she's not the best with strangers. Kids were trying to grab at her and she hated that, haha.


Then I got a text from a friend saying she was going to try out a (free) Barre3 class. I guess when the instructors are training, they host free classes to practice. So I decided to go! There's a studio in Nichols Hills and also one being built in Edmond. I had just ran 5 miles but since I didn't cross train on Saturday I decided to go. I liked it a lot but it's so expensive otherwise. I looked on the website and there are some more free classes this week so I'll probably take advantage!



This week I really want to book my massage for losing 20 pounds. I have one more stubborn pound to go and since I'm taking off all week of Spring Break, I'll probably do it then.

That's all for this week!

Mal xoxo

1 comment:

smug princess said...

I want to find the motivation to do this. I never have liked exercising and it's starting to catch up with me. I just wish I enjoyed running or another type of exercise. Unfortunately I enjoy reading and tv instead. =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...