Sunday, March 25, 2012

Half Marathon Training Week 7

This week was Spring Break (which I am fortunate enough to participate in since I work in Higher Ed.) so I had ample time to run and actually enjoy it! My time was NOT great this week but at least I did the mileage. Here's the recap from this week:

Monday: It was pouring down rain all day, which made it the perfect day to lay in bed and read/watch TV/surf the internet. I then realized my internet was down at my apartment and so I went to the local coffee shop to sip on some Java, write, and watch the rain pour outside. It was seriously so perfect. Sometimes I love it when it rains.

Tuesday: Since I was at my parents, I took my dog Pepper to the park to knock out 4.5 miles. I love taking her with me, but since I have to keep her at my side sometimes it slows me down. I also am liberal to take more walk breaks since she doesn't ever get that type of exercise. But she loves it and her favorite part is when we stop at Sonic afterwards (I get a large lemon water and she gets a kid's cup of cold water) and I let her drink from the cup in the car.


Wednesday: I went to the Zoo with the good ones, and we walked all over for at least 2 1/2 hours. I count that as cross training, wouldn't you? 

Thursday: It was rainy and cold and I didn't go run - I saved it for Friday since it was going to be nice weather. 

Friday: Another 4.5 miles. I took Pepper again in my new (old) car and had to lift her up into it at the end since she was so worn out. Such a brat. I was pretty slow since it was warmer than I am used to. For the past 3 months I've been training in the freezing cold, and when I start going I get warm and it's really not bad at all. Since it's nicer out now I get hotter and I tend to slow down. (re: my 7 miles this week) But it was good to have Pepper with me, even though we have to avoid other people/dogs since she gets skiddish. 


Saturday: I had soccer practice for the co-ed league that I joined and we ran drills for about an hour, and then my friend Meredith and I went for about a mile jog in downtown OKC. I counted that as some good cross-training! 

Sunday: So I figured that I would wake up early to go down to the OKC River to run my 7 miles. I didn't end up leaving my house until 10 am and then I got lost on the way to the boathouse, I didn't end up starting until about 10:45. Hottest 7 miles of my entire life. I needed water, I got tired and hot and it just wasn't good. I didn't have fun and I was mad the entire time. I planned on going to Whole Foods after to eat but since it was so hot I just wasn't hungry. I came home and slept for awhile and ate an orange, but I was still a nauseous. I will NEVER go running at noon again. Next week I'm doing 8 miles and I plan on starting before the sun comes up. I don't even care. I really liked the course but it was way too hot. I will probably go back to the OKC River next weekend. 


This week is going to be super busy and hard to fit my miles in, I'm probably going to have to do them in the morning. I love that I'm burning more calories than ever! Almost 1100 is AWESOME. 

Until next time, 

Mal xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...