Sunday, March 18, 2012

Half Marathon Training Week 6

I'm proud to say that I have done amazing this past week on training. Eating? Not so much. This weekend I literally ate pizza for every meal. I'm. not. joking. I feel disgusting. 

In other news: the free internet I've been stealing for the past 10 months has finally failed me and I'm sitting in a coffee shop close to my house writing my Live Sigma Kappa blog and my Half Marathon training update. But it's raining and I had a great salad so things are looking up. 

Okay here goes the recap:

Monday: Didn't do anything. Don't you guys know me at all? 

Tuesday: I remember thinking this run was going to be great because it was so nice outside. In actuality my legs were stiff and the whole time was a struggle. I went very slow and didn't enjoy it all. Oh well, at least I did it. 

Wednesday: It was cloudy and cool and I decided I wanted to do my 2 miles outside (for my cross training). I went to the park and it was PACKED! But I had a good run and good time (for me at least). 


Thursday: I went out after work and started my run off really fast. I was going at a good pace when my tracker stopped working! I was so pissed. It said that I had ran 2 miles when I really was at the 1 mile marker. So I turned it off and just ran back to my house. I think I ended up running about 3 miles. 

Friday: Didn't do anything - preparing for my RACE! The night before I ate some pizza with pineapple and pepperoni. Not the healthiest but my excuse was that I was carb loading before my race. 

Saturday: Race day! I was nervous for this 5-miler, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel for the half marathon. I woke up at 7 and I had 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and a hardboiled egg. I went over to my friend Cyndi's house and talked to her while she got ready to go. I started to feel a little better once i was with someone. We then headed off to the race. There was so many people in green! Then we checked out some of the tables, saw some people we knew and then it was time to go. The gun went off and we were off! I felt like I was flying the first mile, and I was. I had a 8:58 first mile, which I don't think I've ran that in my entire life. Then the course changed and for the next 3 miles we ran into the wind. That's one of the hardest things about the course we were on. It's around a lake which is very pretty but super windy. I had to stop and walk a few times. When we turned around I felt loads better. It felt like my legs were finally used to the motion, so I'm hoping that is how the Half Marathon is going to be. The 5 miles was my fastest time and afterwards there was free Panera, pizza and GREEN BEER! It was fun to see the race atmosphere. 





Saturday Night: I ended up going home to get some sleep since I hadn't slept the night before. I met some friends out at the McNellies Street Party and then headed to Norman for the birthday celebration of Sara King. Ate more pizza. 

Sunday: Laid around the Jami House, made some Zombie cupcakes for the Walking Dead season finale. I ate more pizza. I don't know what it is about pizza but I was really feeling it this weekend. I need to focus some more on eating healthy these next two weeks. I'm increasing my mile time to 5 miles on T/Th, and 7 miles for my long run and I need to be fueled properly. 



One thing that was really great was at the McNellies street party I saw lots of people I haven't seen in a while and they all commented on my weight loss. I really love hearing that stuff and I want to hear it a lot more. One way is to eat a lot better. So here's to week 7!

Mal xoxo


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...