Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Update

I think my "nesting mode" might be fully over.

It's so interesting to go through different phases in my life. Lately I've been super motivated to write on this tiny corner of the web to no one but @A and @B and just record my feelings.

I love the fact that I can look back a year ago (or two) and see where I was at the current moment. Hopefully it lasts and I can see all the changes that have been made in my life and how much I've grown.

I'm anticipating the end of this year with an excited heart because I know how significant 2011 has been for me. I think I have learned more about myself this year than any other. I can't wait to see what 2012 holds and how much I'm going to change next year. I know it's only October but I've been thinking about it a lot.

In regards to the last few entries, I have been trying to process all the changes in my life when I realized I just need to give it up to God and let him lead me where I need to go. I wrote "Lifer" and laid in my bed praying that God would protect me and lead me and give me strength and wisdom for my life.

I always read Megan's blog (and of course see her weekly) and am inspired by the work her and her husband put into prayer and solstice with the Lord. I must admit, I'm not very open with spirituality so writing this blog is very out of character for me.

I don't normally put myself out there but as I said at the beginning of this post I want to make sure in the future I know where I was because I think it's important to never forget where you have come from and the mistakes you've made, to not make them again.

Well this post turned into something more than I thought it would be... on with the Weekend Update?

Friday night Jessica and I made a trip to Mikey's house to hang out because it had been forever since we had seen the boys that live in that house. It felt so much like summer. We just watched 90's music videos and played card games and watched Jersey Shore. I had a great time. We all stayed over and got lunch the next morning.

Saturday I headed to Norman, OK for Bryce's birthday party. I had a coffee date with Sara and we talked about all things postgraduate. I feel wise but try not to act too pretentious when I give advice on entering your mid-twenties. I barely know what I'm doing so I don't feel quite that qualified.

I love my KakaoFriends too much for words, I think. They know me so well and it was just so good to see them since our schedules never match up quite that nicely.

I'm in Norman now still writing this blog entry on Sara's computer. It types nicely. On the agenda today is running - sleeping - packing. I'm going to California next week for 4 days for my Grandpa's memorial service.

That's all for now...

Ciao,

Mal xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...