Sunday, October 30, 2011
Halloween and Beyond
If there's any time of year that's my favorite, it's right now.
Halloween is my favorite holiday. Always has been, always will be. I think there's a few years between adolescence and adulthood where there's not much to do on Halloween.
You can't go trick or treating because you're too old and you can't go "out" because you're too young. I'm so happy to be past that stage and the last two Halloweens that I have had have been great. I love dressing up, going out and everyone that throws Halloween parties always gets really into it.
All of my friends this year had such creative costumes! One of my couple friends was "Twitter" and we got to write tweets on their white boards. My phone has like 10 pictures of them, hahah.
I also love cuddling up on the couch and watching Hocus Pocus and this year I added The Shining to the mix. That movie is scary if you're alone. The fall colors and everything are always so fun.
THEN, I turn around and 4 days later it's my birthday. I was supposed to be born on Halloween but my birthday is far enough behind that people don't group the two celebrations together.
I've never been much of a Birthday Brat but I love seeing my friends when we go out. This year should be fun since my birthday falls on a Friday! Yippie!
After my birthday, there's a few weeks and then it's my second favorite holiday, which is Thanksgiving. If Halloween is the drama-kid side of me (dressing up, going out, being social) then Thanksgiving is the homebody side of me.
My family does holidays the way they should - on Thanksgiving we watch a lot of TV, sleep, eat GREAT food, and never leave the house (or change out of our PJ's for that matter). There's no stress, just laying around and napping while eating yummy turkey and gravy.
Skipping Christmas (because it's really not on the list of my favorite holidays. I try to get in the spirit, but especially last year I worked at the mall during the Holiday) I just think it's a little annoying.
But THEN it's my third favorite holiday which is New Years Eve. The past two New Years have been so fun. I can't wait for this year. 2011 has been so crazy and I've learned and grown so much I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store.
Mal xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment