"Well I need to buy some Gorilla Glue..."
"What? Why?"
"Because a lot of things in my life are broken and I need to fix them"
and he just looked at me and I said
"Yeah, that could be literal or figurative"
So I started thinking about this chance encounter and I got a little depressed. Whenever I returned home I was greeted by all half broken things. At first that got me a little upset but then I realized- I'm taking the steps to fix these things in my life and to make sure they go the way I WANT them to. Sure, not everything is perfect and I at half a leftover calzone today at my parents house, but seriously, when is everything perfect? This reminds me of a song, and I know that I am definitely probably losing major cool points with the world (or whoever reads this blog which is probably no one)... but I can't help but think...
"There's always gonna be another mountain,
I'm always gonna wanna make it move,
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose.
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb"
I get it. Just to let you know, I'm not a 12-year-old brunette. But sometimes the things that strike a cord with the 7th grade girls can mean something to me as well.
On Saturday I auditioned for the Oklahoma Centennial Rodeo Opry. Then, throughout the whole day I wanted to go to sleep and wake up to audition for something else. It was so freeing to me. Nothing was on the line, nothing was at stake. I met some awesome people and I got to perform- if only for a verse and a chorus. It doesn't matter if I make it or not, because I want to keep auditioning - even if it's for the smallest thing.
In other news- I finally bought a planner. My senior year of college... it's about time, right?
Malory Craft
No comments:
Post a Comment