Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Version 2.0

So long at last the snow days are gone and it's back to the routine of things. Okay so not exactly the same because today I decided that I needed to walk to work so I wouldn't have to park my car in the icy lots. Which actually turned out to be better than expected. I walked to work/school with some sorority sisters and then after I left campus I walked back the house by myself. Although I hate to admit it, it was kind of peaceful walking home, just me and the snow- my otherwise mortal enemy. I realized then that I would rather be by myself walking in the snow that running a UCOSA meeting. And that felt good, because sometimes I think about how my life would have been if I didn't withdraw from the Vice Presidential race (or even run for President.) There's no way I would be as happy as I am right now. And as John Bobb said it best- "UCOSA is 90% self growth and 10% helping the student body". I don't believe that fully but I do find some truth in it.

So why am I so happy? I've been really trying this year to ORGANIZE my life. From stuff as simple as making my bed in the morning right after I get up to organizing everything I've ever written on this computer. I've also been trying to just GO after the things that I want. And today right before I went to the gym (because I definitely ate my life during these snow days) I got an email saying that two of my poems had been accepted to an online literary journal. I sent them in last semester and they finally emailed me back. I am so excited! I have been published before but that's before I really knew what I was doing. Now that I've put work into something and it's actually paid off it feels really good.

I used to dread Mondays. UCOSA, Panhellenic, Chapter. But now I think I'm finding solace in the beginning of the week and all the wonderful things it can bring! Love love.

The walk home from work:



Malory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...