It's been one week since I have written on this blog. Believe me, I have tried at least 5 times to start writing something, anything, and those 5 times at least I have come up with nothing. There's been things that have gone through my head through the past week and I thought "I really need to write about that" but every time I sit down the words don't come out just quite right. So in the midst of a quiet sunday afternoon (and even quieter sorority house) I decided to deconstruct my thoughts from the past week.
This week has gone by so fast compared to last week, when it just drug on and on and on. But I felt a certain theme running throughout the days of this week; growing up. I feel like I've had a lot of "grown up" conversations in the past week. About how things are changing and what I'm going to do after I graduate and how I'm just in a different part of my life right now. It's amazing how much things can change you in a year. The things that define me now, the things I know; how I don't want to be a politician, the main thing that drives me is emotion and feeling and FUN, how material things can't ever define my life because they can be gone in an instant, the fact that I have completely and irrevocably fallen in love with words, these things were all moot one year ago. Last night as I was getting in bed I thought to myself Is this the person I thought I would be when I began college? And the answer is no, but that's okay. Because that's how life works I think. You learn about yourself. I wonder if I'll ever stop learning about myself or if there's the magic age when finally I am who I'm supposed to be. I guess I will never know.
This week has gone by so fast compared to last week, when it just drug on and on and on. But I felt a certain theme running throughout the days of this week; growing up. I feel like I've had a lot of "grown up" conversations in the past week. About how things are changing and what I'm going to do after I graduate and how I'm just in a different part of my life right now. It's amazing how much things can change you in a year. The things that define me now, the things I know; how I don't want to be a politician, the main thing that drives me is emotion and feeling and FUN, how material things can't ever define my life because they can be gone in an instant, the fact that I have completely and irrevocably fallen in love with words, these things were all moot one year ago. Last night as I was getting in bed I thought to myself Is this the person I thought I would be when I began college? And the answer is no, but that's okay. Because that's how life works I think. You learn about yourself. I wonder if I'll ever stop learning about myself or if there's the magic age when finally I am who I'm supposed to be. I guess I will never know.
Does this even make any sense?
Malory

My tattoos - "To Learn, To Love"
4 comments:
I love your blog, especially your pink shoes. The images are awesome. I agree completely with you about being snowed in. The first day, the snow is beautiful but then it gets old because of the driving conditions. I had not thought about gorilla glue in that way before. I will now see it in a brand new light. Thanks.
College is an adventure for sure. I graduate in May and have had my share of memories. The worst memory I have is when the school faculty would not let us out of our grammar class because of a tornado. In fact, our classroom became a safe place, and many other students joined us. I went to the restroom and escaped. I cannot stand staying inside with no windows when the weather is changing. It is too exciting! Keep up the great blogging, Mallory.
This is such a lovely blog. I completely relate to everything you wrote. My favorite part is where you talk about not being the person you thought always thought you would be, but being okay with it. It's so important to be able to accept yourself and enjoy life.
I hope your future adventures are everything you deserve and so much more...
It makes perfect sense. Scientists say we can have a totally different brain every four months. Brain cells die and replenish. Connections grow and fade away. You never have to be something you're not, just train your brain to be something different, and in four or more months, there you are with a different brain and way of thinking.
I loved this post-and have found myself in the same boat. When I'm not near my computer, I think of a million things that would be blog-appropriate. I'm just not comfortable yet with writing on one, I guess. I need to start posting more, but when I'm doing that, I feel guilty about not writing on my wip (work-in-progress) or doing something with my youngest son. (The oldest is 16 and is the major stress factor in my house-spending time with him? Yeah, right.) I could probably weave great stories about the arguments we have - most of the time, they're quite comical.
I will definitely be visiting you blog more. Good job!
Post a Comment