WENT NOWHERE. I literally had no place to go. So I went to Chick-Fil-A, sat in the parking lot and called Shelby and was like "What do I do now?"
Because if you can recall we were applying for a rent house. Well, we didn't get it. We found out Thursday afternoon and we were all pretty bummed. I myself went into freak-out mode and started calling about every single 4-br (on Craigslist) in Edmond. We got set up to look at two houses and we decided to put in an app for the first one. Well someone else had already applied for it, but the man that owned that house had another four bedroom. So on Saturday the lease was sent to us via email, and tomorrow we finalize things. I am so happy that it finally worked out and took a weight off of my shoulders. I love my parents but I feel like living with them for the summer would just take 12 steps back from where I want to go.
I prayed long and hard that we would find the perfect house for all of our needs and that we would be led in the right direction. I feel like lately I have been putting my faith into a lot of things. I am also praying that I can find a sufficient second part-time job. I need to work as much as I can this summer to support myself and save money. I thought that I had found some perfect jobs for me but they don't seem to be working out. But then I have to realize that everything happens for a reason and I will be led to the right job just like I was led to the right house. It's just frustrating when you are putting in at least 3 applications a week. I need to be patient and persistent and hopefully something FABULOUS will come along.
This summer I want to accomplish a lot and I always feel like I am full of lists, lists, lists but this one I really am setting my mind to accomplish.
1. Like beer
2. Start a book club
3. Get a fish
4. Save at LEAST $1,000
5. Join a Church
I am keeping my list small this summer. I have around 4 months and I figure I can accomplish one thing a month and spread the money thing out over time. I don't know how to explain those goals except for the fact that they all have to do with finding new sources of community.
I mean the beer thing is really just to save money...
But I really do want to be able to entertain in our new house and also READ FOR FUN which I have missed. And join a church... that's a post for another day.
Until next time,
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment