Undeniably, one of my favorite rituals that Americans participate in are New Years resolutions. Did I have resolutions from 2009? Yes. Was I successful in accomplishing all of them? No. But that's like life, we're not always successful. So, if you kept your resolutions for 2009, awesome for you. But if you didn't, don't beat yourself up. So you didn't floss every day or drink 8 glasses of water. Put it behind you. It's a NEW YEAR.
I know what you're thinking. This, coming from me, the eternal life-goal list optimist. But honestly, this is when I am the most optimistic. It's time. If not 2010, then when? How many years do we have to genuinely put our lives together? We're young. Are you happy? I've done a lot of crappy things this year. I've been messy, I've made mistakes. I've risen from my bed in the mornings with good intentions, just to waste the day. But that's what I love about this holiday. It's one chance to put it all behind me. It's a chance to wake up in the morning and decide what's best for me. Not to decide what makes me feel good, or what makes people like me.
It begins January 1st.
1. Write SOMETHING every day (even if it's just a word)
2. Find a personal life outside of UCO (so important. This is the scariest thing ever.)
3. Audition, audition, audition.
4. BE HEALTHY
5. Make sure the Wellness Center employees know my name
6. Drink less
7. Laugh more
8. Run the 5k in April with my dad
9. Skydive on the first day of summer
10. Don't take any shit. FROM ANYONE.
Malory
No comments:
Post a Comment