Sunday, January 3, 2010

An aura, on writing.

Have you ever met one of those people that you just couldn't take your eyes off of? Is that natural charisma something that you are born with? Does it come from deep inside or just simply great self confidence? I have met so many charming men and beautiful women and my thoughts wander... will I ever be that like? Is that their peak? When will mine come? I feel so good about 2010, is it just wishful thinking or God telling me to "Go for it"?

So many questions! Maybe I need some statements for once in my life. It's hard to sit down and write every day and even though I feel like I have to move mountains to write my first sentence the words flow easily after. It's nice to have an outlet to talk about what I'm feeling. Doug told me once that if you have a specific time that you write everyday, it taps into your subconscious and lets you express what you're feeling without being "inspired". He said that if you wait for inspiration to come then it probably never will. That's really why I'm doing this.

The other night Kellen said "even though I'm a creative studies major I never claim I'm a writer". Which I never really thought about. Sure, writing comes easily to me but I have never thought of calling myself a writer or a poet. Maybe as a joke. But it makes me think back to the Stephen King quote; "Writers write." I guess that's what I'm doing right now...

Malory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...