Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Come my tan-faced children,
Follow well in order, get your weapons ready,
Have you your pistols? have you your sharp-edged axes?
Pioneers! O pioneers!

For we cannot tarry here,
We must march my darlings, we must bear the brunt of danger,
We the youthful sinewy races, all the rest on us depend,
Pioneers! O pioneers!" - Walt Whitman

This is beyond fabulous! If you have time, which you should, to read the whole poem, it's amazing.

Also, this whole writing thing seems to be working out pretty well. Tonight I have been inspired and it's wonderful!
Don't get me wrong, I still feel I am having the senior slump or whatever you call it. I am looking forward to moving back in with the ladies that I love- but I still get annoyed easily with the ones I don't like- more then in previous years. Call it what you want; I might be growing up. But this semester- it's going to be different.

And maybe its the bright shiny blonde chewtoy that I am, offering myself up to the teeth of the big bad world, but I feel that walking away from all the things that I've know before has given me a sense of euphoria that I can't get anywhere else. The things that i feel define me; being a bad decision drunk, a woman who looks to food for a sense of security and a general lazy/shady ass has died with the shitty year that was 2009.

I think I'm going to be cutting some bangs tomorrow- because I want to.

Malory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...