Saturday, January 2, 2010

In the spirit of the new year....

I find that new years resolutions are a favorite of the optimist inside of me. It's a chance to start over, to start a brand new year, and it gives the falsity that tonight, anything can happen. Although this is correct, the truth is that we all have the power to pick up and change our lives 365 days a year. But there is something totally magical about doing it on New Years Eve.

Speaking of magical, Meredith and Jason's wedding was last night. There's something about seeing one of the people that means the world to you get married. I was just sitting in the bridal room, watching her get ready for the wedding, I just kept thinking; "This is it. This is her wedding day." It was perfect. She looked beautiful and for the past few days I was surrounded by the people that make me want to be a better person. We drank wine and danced into the night and it was a wonderful wonderful way to start the new year.

Malory

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...