Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Thoughts

So my friends keep faithfully blogging and I keep faithfully reading but the truth is I have gotten too lazy to blog every single day. It's okay though, I've been doing other things.

It's so weird, the concept of growing up. I've been thinking about my life compared to the lives of other people that I know, and I'm realizing every single day who I want to be and who I don't want to be. I don't want to be someone stuck in the past- reliving their glory days through high school or college, I don't want to be someone that needs things to be handed to them. I don't want to be solely dependent on my parents for money and financial gain, I don't want to be someone that is stuck in their old ways, someone who won't expand their horizons when and opportunity is staring them smack in the face. I call those people losers.

But not becoming a loser means I have to grow up and face the things in front of me. Being an adult is hard. The other day my mom called me and promptly told me I needed to get my taxes sorted out, I needed to make an appointment with the dentist and the gyno and also needed to get my car fixed. How awful do all those things sound? Pretty bad but I have to take care of them because I'm an adult. I also have no money this month - paying crap off an bills are basically the worst things in the world.

Tonight Jess and I are having a sleepover, complete with Disney movies, makeup, nail polish, junk food, pajamas and wine. How great is that? I remember when I was little I always loved sleepovers because you got to stay up so late playing video games and watching movies and now that I'm old and can go to bed anytime I want it doesn't seem so special, but I think tonight will be really really fun. I need a little escape to my childhood.

Until next time,
Mal xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...