Happy Monday, readers!
I have been hard at work all day, and I'm attending the OKC Thunder Game tonight (as a part of work, the perks here are endless). I had a bagel sandwich for lunch, along with some frozen grapes. I've made the conscious decision to watch the entirety of The Hills on Netflix, starting with Season 1. I parted my hair down the middle today and surprisingly I like it. It's different.
Now, let me take a moment out to say how much I've been obsessed with Mint.com lately. 2 weeks ago I set up a life budget with goals, restrictions, and the like. I decided I was going to pay off my debt, save for a move, and also save up to buy Christian Louboutins. I uploaded all my info into the program, and oh my is there a lot to take in. I can look at what I've been spending my money on since July 2010. I realized that when I was a poor girl waiting tables I did my best and lived within a significant less amount of money that I make now. Now, I'm by no means rolling in the paper but I do get paid well (for someone my age). Problem was I spent all my money on Luxury Stores, Bars & Restaurants, and Clothes Shopping. Which makes no sense now because all of the clothes I bought a long time ago no longer fit. (Seriously I have no shorts in the world left)
My major goal is to save $5,000 by the end of next year, and my parents will match it. I think I'm going to put my extra funds into my Louboutins (and vacation) savings, and hopefully this OCD-with-money streak will last. I think sometimes when I'm disciplined in one thing it's easier to take the other things under control as well.
That's it for today, see you all tomorrow!
Mal xoxo
1 comment:
Obsessed with a proper budget. #DoYou
Post a Comment