Monday - Rest day. I feel like I went home after work and slept. Didn't do much.
Tuesday - 5 miles early in the morning. I don't have any recollection of this run. I've found it's easy to get up early on Tuesdays but very hard to get up early on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Like if I really need to I will. But usually I dont.
Wednesday - I ran 3 miles after work. It's been nice and cool this week so it really doesn't matter if I run in the morning or if I have time to run at night. Also it didn't take me 39 minutes, more like 34. That time is figuring in waiting time at stoplights, when I pause it, etc.
Thursday - Soccer game. I was suposed to run 5 but I just didn't have it in me to do it on Thursday or Friday. I felt bacd for skipping but I knew I was doing 9 miles this weekend so I figured it was ok.
Friday - Nothing, I didn't wake up early enough and then I had my audition after work. I didn't run or anything.
Saturday - A quick 2-miler to clear my head before callbacks. It was okay but I felt distracted.
Sunday - Um, I was totally unprepared for this. We've been having the craziest weather lately so we were under tornado watch Saturday night and it was understood that we were going to probably have some severe weather in the wee hours of the morning.
I ended up going to bed around midnight and waking up around 8:30. I got up and around and then realized my arm band (which broke on Tuesday) was broken and I was going to have to figure out a way to hold my water bottle and my iPod while I did 9 MILES. I decided to put my iPhone in my sports bra and just hope for the best.
The day before I tried to eat as much as I could so I would have energy to run the 9 miles. Mission accomplished, right? The motivation for doing the 9 miles is I told myself I could go to the mall and buy some clothes after. That got me out of bed so quickly.
Anyway, I got to Lake Hefner around 10:00 and thankfully it was overcast and chilly. I took a Vanilla Gu with me and my water bottle and set off. It was so windy, I was very careful to start slow and steady. This was probably my best run so far in the training. I stopped once at Mile 6 to walk and eat my Gu - but the whole rest of the time I was running. Slowly - but running. I couldn't believe it. Once I got past 3 miles not stopping I knew I could do the whole time. My time was awesome. My 8 mile time was 13:03/mi and this was 12:22/mi. At the end I felt some pain in my back and shoulders but I shook it out and finished. The 9 miles wasn't all the way around the lake, so I walked the last mile back to the car, which honestly was the worst part because it was so cold and windy. I just wanted it to be over.
Running that 9 miles made me really excited for the half. I just took my time, enjoyed the weather and my music, and looked forward to going shopping since I haven't been in a long time. I didn't find a whole lot - but I did get a jumpsuit and a lbd and they were both on sale!
I'm super tired so I'm going to watch The Hills in bed and fall asleep! Ciao.
Mal xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment