Hello my lovely little blogger friends,
Today, like the past 8 Sundays, I will be recapping my half-marathon training. I was thinking back on this week and it went by in such a blur that I can't even really remember what happened. All I know is the weekend was too short- I was pretty exhausted Saturday and Sunday. April seems to be kicking my ass so far.
Monday: Rest day - We had a work event at the Thunder Game and I didn't really have much time to sit and relax until I got home and got to bed.
Tuesday: I had plans with a friend in the evening so I ran 5 in the morning. It was lightning and I was a little nervous but I saw some other runners so I wasn't too worried.
(for some reason my photos aren't downloading so no pics this time.)
Wednesday: I ran after work, 3 miles and it was awesome.
(also since I've written about it this week I don't feel the need to go into detail.)
Thursday: I didn't end up draggin myself out of bed for a run in the morning so I just counted my soccer game as my workout. 50 minutes of cardio, running around and chasing the ball is good enough for me!
Friday: I thought I wasn't going to make this 5-miler. I didn't end up going to bed until around 12:30 so I had minimum sleep time. But I made a commitment and I rolled out of bed to run the 5. I felt awesome the rest of the day.
Saturday: Nothing, I slept most of the day.
Sunday: I was suposed to run 6.2 today (I had a 10k on my training schedule.) But this was one of those rare times where I decided to listen to my body. I didn't want to go, I was worn out from this week, my parents always want me to take my dog with me but sometimes it's just not practical. She's young and needs the exercise and always does great but sometimes it's a complete hassle to get her in the car, all of her gear, make sure she doesn't get to close to animals or other people. I was dreading doing this run, all my gear was in the laundry and I just didn't do the 6 miles. I did however, jog a little bit (I didn't even turn my tracker on) and walked Pepper all over the neighborhood.
I'm getting to the point where I'm kind of burnt out. I'm running around 15-20 miles a week and it's getting a little tiresome. I only have 3 more weeks left until the half marathon then after that my change in routine will be welcome.
Until then, I'll enjoy my rest day tomorrow and then it's back on the running wagon.
Mal xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment