Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Run This Town / BEDA DAY 4



Above you'll see two screenshots from my phone. The first one is December 29, 2011 and the second one is April 4, 2012. Both of them I ran around 3 miles but the thing that is drastically different is my time. My running has DRAMATICALLY improved since I have dedicated myself to a half marathon and started training February 6th. I've cut around 10 minutes off my time (and 3 mins off my mile time) in 3 months. Which seems crazy to me! 

Today I didn't really want to run, but after a post-work nap, I decided that I better do it so I wouldn't feel bad. Tomorrow I have 5 miles to run in the morning, and a soccer game at night, so I was feeling like I wanted to rest. But I pulled my booty out of bed and decided to do 3 miles. It had just rained* and it was cool and light outside, right before the sun set. I decided to go slow the first 2 miles and really run the last mile/half mile. The time above isn't completely correct, whenever I stop at stoplights it takes that time into consideration. So my actual time was really 34:15. When I ran my first 5k (December 5th), my time was around 41 minutes. 

It was really perfect outside. I had good music, cool breeze and my legs, body, and lungs felt amazing. I took the same route I always take, and out and back from my house and when I was done I didn't really want to stop. 

(It's often crazy to me the days I am so excited to run, I seem to have the shittiest run ever, and the days like today when it practically took a new world order to drag me out the door I end up really enjoying it and KILLING my previous time.)

If you ever want to appreciate your body, and learn what is good for it, try training for a half marathon. Even though I sometimes teeter on the edge of body image disorders and I'd really like to fit in that 2-piece, and I'd like to get those 48 pounds off (That's a lot more manageable then 73, I'm doing good!) The fact that my body took my 8 MILES on Sunday is unbelievable. Whenever I complain about aches, or want to eat my weight in pizza, I think about how I feel when I'm not able to run. That gets me out the door pretty quick. 

I'm very excited for the half. I'm nervous, and we only have 25 days left is scary, but I'm feeling good and I'm excited to enjoy what I've been working towards the past 4 months. All I know is I'm going to enjoy a nice, BIG, vodka drink the night after. I've missed it! 

Mal xoxo

*Head first, fearless

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

You are my inspiration. And, I love BEDA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...